As part of The Energy Performance of Buildings (certificates and inspections) Regulations 2007 & 2011, every home that is put on the market for sale in England and Wales now requires an EPC. The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) contains advice on how to cut carbon emissions and fuel bills. Also included are two sets of ratings, Energy Efficiency Rating and the Environmental Impact Rating.
Only qualified Domestic Energy Assessors are able to produce the Energy Performance Certificates. Once you've undergone your DEA training and qualified, your role as a DEA will be varied, as you inspect and measure homes, gathering information to collate into Energy Performance Certificates for a wide range of residential properties. Plus, the domestic EPC will be central to the forthcoming Green Deal.
Other reasons why people choose DEA training include:
- This qualification makes up 50% of the new Green Deal Advisor Qualification. Qualify as a DEA now and fast-track through the Green Deal Advisor course, so you're ready for the Green Deal programmes for DECC.
- Working in a new and developing industry supported by the government
- Working for yourself and dictating your own workload
- A mass market with over 1.5 million properties per year needing an EPC
- A growing market with EPCs required for all tenanted properties since Oct 08
- Helping the environment by highlighting how to reduce energy consumption
It is estimated that over 1.5 million homes per year will require an EPC. Plus, since October 2008, landlords offering property for rent are required by law to provide prospective tenants with an Energy Performance Certificate for their property. This has significantly increased the demand for EPCs from qualified DEAs.
2 x 2/3-day intensive training sessions; combining classroom training with post-course support, or via distance learning package dependent on chosen course delivery method.
You do not need to have any previous experience in surveying or energy consultancy to enrol on the DEA training course. The training session will demonstrate how to survey houses for energy calculations and also how to use the RDSAP (reduced data standard assessment procedure) software. This software is what all assessors use to produce the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
During the 2/3-day DEA training sessions (where applicable) you will follow a City and Guilds certified course, led and mentored by a fully accredited energy assessment team with many years of industry based training experience. The purpose of this course is to equip you with the knowledge required to follow the Energy Assessor work modules which are necessary to achieve the level 3 Certificate. This is the required qualification you will need in order to complete energy performance certificates for residential properties.
Following the classroom based element of the DEA training course you will have a bespoke interactive distance learning programme, you will then complete the remainder of the course externally and submit your work for marking. Support will be provided to help guide you through this section of the Diploma.
Your DEA training course fee includes:
- Training intensive 2/3-day course and interactive distance learning
- Post course support & mentoring support right up to when you qualify
- Course materials everything you need for your DEA training
- Online Examination during the master class sessions
- Lunch & refreshments included throughout the 3 days of training (where applicable)
- City and Guilds level 3 Certificate once you’ve completed and passed all the modules
The Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations stipulates that every home that is being marketed for sale or rent in England and Wales requires an Energy Performance Certificate.
During this training program, candidates will follow a City and Guilds certified course which is led by an industry expert. Candidates will learn how to survey homes to gather information relating to their energy consumption as well as training on how to use the RdSAP software.
Teaching and Assessment
2 x Intensive 2/3-day course and interactive distance learning
Now from just £1115. Funding concessions may apply.
For further guidance and advice contact college information on 01823 366331 or firstname.lastname@example.org