The Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction and Building Services Management and Supervision (Sustainability) is a professional qualification providing career development opportunities for those already in employment within the Construction industry. The program is equally suited to those who may wish to progress further on the Construction career ladder or other achieve a professional qualification to allow the application for chartered status in the future.
This NVQ is used as the vocational qualification for the level 4 Higher Apprenticeship Construction Site Management in both – Civil Engineering and Construction and the Built Environment (with Sustainability)
This is a 2 year work based course; there is a pre- requisite that the potential learner is employed in the Construction Industry.
The Learner must select one of the two following pathways: Construction and the Built Environment or Building Services Engineering.
The course covers some of the key competence – based and practical skills required in the Construction Sector. It is on average a 10 unit qualification with the following units as mandatory:
- Unit 1: Monitoring Quality Standards in Construction and the Built Environment
- Unit 2: Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in Construction and the Built Environment.
- Unit 3: Managing the Progress of Projects in Construction and the Built Environment.
- Unit 4: Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the workplace
- The remaining optional units will agreed with the Learner and their Employer to meet the needs of the Business.
All assessment will be carried out in the workplace and will be compiled using an electronic portfolio.
Teaching and Assessment
There are no external examinations and subjects are assessed through a series of competence based assessments involving a combination of scenario based tasks linked to project work, practical exercises, timed tasks, individual study and presentations.
There are over 30 career choices within the construction professions. Completion of the NVQ level 4 will provide you with the opportunity to study further in the workplace for career advancement such as:
- Site Supervisor
- Site Manager
- Construction Team Leader
- Assistant Project Manager
- Assistant Engineer
- Building Services Engineering working on sites/ projects
With varied learner backgrounds there is no one specific entry requirement but it is expected that typical entry qualifications would include at least one of the following:
- A National Award in Construction with A or AS levels
- A National Certificate in Civil Engineering
- A National Diploma in Construction
- Other appropriate qualifications
- Relevant Construction Employment is a pre-requisite.
Course fees will be worked out on an individual basis relative to circumstances.
An equipment list will be sent out prior to the course starting. Basic IT knowledge will be required to complete the electronic portfolio.
Tel: 01823 366 331 Email: email@example.com