This course is suitable for:
- qualified and competent electricians looking to gain the knowledge and skills to install and maintain small scale solar photovoltaic systems.
- learners who want to progress in the building services sector to work with environmental technologies
These qualifications equip existing workers with the skills to install and maintain small scale solar photovoltaic systems, designed to reduce CO2 emissions by generating electricity from the power of the sun. The qualifications help learners to provide best advice to customers on the use of solar photovoltaic systems and allow existing electricians to further their career through professional development.
Teaching and Assessment
The training course will take the learner through the following:
Know the requirements to install, commission and handover small scale solar photovoltaic systems, including:
- Know the requirements to install, commission and handover small scale solar photovoltaic systems, including:
- health and safety
- relevant regulations/ standards
- fundamental differences between a.c and d.c circuits within solar photovoltaic systems
- purpose of solar photovoltaic system components
- types, silicon characteristics and typical conversion efficiencies of solar photovoltaic modules
- fundamental design principles used to determine solar photovoltaic system module array size and position requirements
- Plan and prepare for the installation of a solar photovoltaic system
- Install solar photovoltaic system components
- Inspect and test a new solar photovoltaic system installation
- Commission a new solar photovoltaic system installation
- Handover a new solar photovoltaic system installation.
Assessment is by a computer based examination that will take place during the course and by practical assessment under simulated conditions that will also take place during the course.
This course is for fully qualified electricians. It can lead to progression onto further qualifications relating to these roles.
Success in this qualification can be used to exempt the learner from the same units on the qualification ‘Installation and Maintenance of Small scale solar photovoltaic systems’. The learner would simply have to undertake the maintenance units to gain this additional qualification.
- N/SVQ 3 in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence.
IN addition, if not included in the above, current certification to
- BS7671:2008 requirements for electrical installation (17th Edition) Certification.
For further information please contact college enquiries on 01823 366331 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org